We are at the peak of the festive season. The in-house heater and furnace are turned up and Christmas decorations are ready. Since we still cannot go for a grand celebration just yet, doesn’t mean we cannot plan for a beautiful and intimate gathering. We have our thanksgiving menu with the grocery list ready. And, you can finally take a break from the exhausting work-from-home routine. Just when you are planning to lay down on your carpet with your loved ones for a cozy winter night, you spot a dirty rug. An absolute bummer, right? If you are going for a professional rug cleaning service, you got no worries. In case you are undertaking the task for yourself, there are a few things you must look out for.
Don’ts of Rug Cleaning
Area rugs are prone to regular wear and tear and over time they tend to accumulate dirt, dust, odor, mud, winter debris, oils and stains, pet accidents, and so on. It would be surprising for some to know that carpets can act as a breeding ground for various kinds of bacteria and microbes. Therefore, proper maintenance and cleaning are extremely important.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners as they can damage your carpet material and cause the natural fiber of the carpet to stick with each other. For natural handcrafted rugs like wool and silk, this process isn’t ideal and you must opt for a delicate method.
- Don’t use unnecessarily large amounts of water in case you are going for the water extraction method. If you fail to pull out the water properly and don’t give an ample amount of time to dry, the dampness can lead to mold growth. Also, if you place a damp rug over a wooden floor, it can stain due to the bleeding of dyes and humidity.
- Don’t mismatch the chemistry between stains and product. As a provider of professional cleaning services across Houston, we have observed one thing. Home rugs are quite prone to coffee spills, wine pours, and other stains (paint, oil, and much more). Each stain carries a certain chemical composition that might not be possible to remove by every cleaning agent. For instance, in the case of pet urines, a specifically formulated odor removing agent is required. While oil and grease require a water-based formula that is non-combustible.
- Don’t fail to install the proper matting system. This is one of the most common reasons for carpet damage. Investing in good quality mats and installing them at the entrance of your space can save more than half of your efforts for rug cleaning.
- Don’t miss to follow a regular schedule for carpet care. Carpet cleaning is often saved as a last resort by every homemaker. It isn’t until a large and highly visible stain that people take action. This not only adds to the unnecessary cost but also requires extra effort.
Looking for rug cleaning services in Houston for your carpet care? Feel free to reach out to us at 936-588-0130 or request a free quote today.